Free access to premium web-based content is one of the privileges of holding a St. Louis Public Library Know Better Card (see the right-hand navigation bar of this blog for a link to instructions on how to get a Know Better Card).
With the HeritageQuest Online premium database, you can:
1. Find ancestors and relatives in the complete US Federal Census Records for 1790-1930.
2. While all census years are available via HeritageQuest Online, only the following census years have been indexed by that premium database:
1890 (most of this census was destroyed by a fire in 1921)
1930 (partially indexed)
3. You can search the full-text of 25,000 family and local history books.
4. You can search PERSI (Periodical Source Index) to access thousands of articles that have appeared in genealogy newsletters and journals.
5. You can search selected files from the Revolutionary War pension and bounty land warrants set.
6. You can search the records of the Freedmen’s Bank (1865-1874), which was set up after the Civil War to serve newly-freed African-Americans.
7. You can search Memorials, Petitions, and Private Relief Actions of the U.S. Congress in the U.S. Serials Set.